Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Vintage Leaves

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Well, I didn't get all my cards mailed in time, so some of you will receive them today.  Hand delivered.  Today's card is a technique called Joseph's Coat.  I got my inspiration from Pinterest, just do a search - Stampin' Up Josephs Coat.  I didn't link anybody specific, because I had looked at so many in the process.

 

For the background you need to sponge with Crushed Curry, Peekaboo Peach, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Dapper Denim, & Wisteria Wonder.


You need to be very generous when adding color to the background.  You want it to be very vibrant.


Then stamp the background with Versa Mark Ink.  Now I had a little mistake while stamping.  I accidentally stamped in the watermelon Wonder instead of Versa Mark.(that's what happens when you have a ton of inks of on your desk at the same time.)  So...I went with it.  Stamp 3 times with Versa Mark, stamp once in Watermelon Wonder then into Versa Mark.  Clean stamp & repeat.  Now you can add embossing powder.  Then take the new sponge brayer & Early Espresso & cover the entire piece.  Use the brayer in both directions so you don't get any lines.  Everything under the embossing will pop thru.


Die cut one leaf from Dapper Denim & out of the middle of Crushed Curry stamp & emboss the leaf with Watermelon Wonder & die cut it out.  You will be covering up what you cut out so your not going to see it, & you are saving paper.

Product List

Hope you enjoyed my version of the Josephs Coat technique.

Have a great Turkey Day!

Happy Stampin'

Debbie

Shop Now!!


No comments:

Post a Comment