Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Waterfront with Black Ice

I finally got around to playing with the new technique out their call Black Ice.  Melissa Kerman @ thecraftingtreehouse has a great video on how to do this.  I think there is a little bit of a learning curve to get the whole affect from the Versa Mark but with a little practice (on scrap pieces) you will have in figured out in no time.


With the Black Archival stamp pad, drag it across the piece of Marina Mist and the Silver Foil piece, to get the black streak  marks.  Then on the silver foil piece stamp your image.  On this card I stamped the mountains and trees from Waterfront stamp set.


Dry with an embossing gun.  Now you need to drag the Versa Mark Ink pad across the stamped image.(at an angel) Remember you don't want a smooth effect at the end . Cover the whole thing with clear embossing powder and emboss.


Don't be discouraged if you end up with a smooth effect,  It happened to me a couple times.  Practice makes perfect with some techniques.  

I had so much fun with this technique I had to share it at my down line meeting.  They all seemed to really like it.  I will be sharing some more ideas with this technique, so check back.




Hope you enjoyed today's post, let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Stampin',

Debbie

Shop Now!




No comments:

Post a Comment